RAM stick error - numerous BSODs.

Hello!

I built myself a computer about 2 months ago and it has worked perfectly up until 2 days ago! A BSOD appeared with the reason being "IRLQ_... " so I restarted the machine.. worked fine for another little while.. then another BSOD but this time with the description "memory_management".. same thing again.. restarted... then like 30 seconds after windows booting another BSOD.. but this time saying "atimdag.sys" so it restarted again... this time it freezes and the screen just turns into a load of white lines!!

So anyway.. took the cables and components out and reseated everything but the same thing happens! Have deleted the partition and formatted it then reinstalled the OS (windows 7 RC) about 3 times now.. still having the same problem!

Have updated the drivers and flashed the BIOS with the latest release.. still nothing!!

The funny thing is when I take out one of the 2GB sticks.. it works perfectly fine!!! I have run memtest and windows diagnostics on both sticks on there own.. and together.. in every slot config you can think of! When I first ran the tests, it did freeze on me a couple times.. so not sure if it found an error or not.. however have run the tests many times since on both and on there own and different configs.. and no errors were found!!

What is annoying however is that it was working for like 2 months before this? It was just a blank machine.. I had not installed anything new.. not changed/updated anything.. nothing was different!! I am getting so annoyed with myself and the machine...!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.. (and sorry if this has been answered already but I couldnt find it anywhere!!)

RAM: Corsair Dominator 2GB x2 TW3X4G1600C9D
Mobo: ASUS M4A79XTD Evo

Kindest regards.

-Astral.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 1,089 Applies to:
Answer
I would have to suspect a bad #2 ram slot on the motherboard

Edit: or different speed ram.

Rating posts helps other users
Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
Rating posts helps other users
Mark L. Ferguson (former MVP)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.