Problems with Bonjour in Windows 7

Upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 (64 bit) on a 1 year old Sony Vaio notebook last week.  Install was tedious but basically went well, including re-installing numerous drivers from Sony.  Everything seems to be ok except for printing.  With Vista, I used Bonjour to print wirelessly to a Canon Pixma MP160 all-in-one that is connected to an Apple TimeCapsule.  Have tried to connect wirelessly to the printer in Win 7 - both directly through "Printers and Devices" and through Bonjour - and while I can "see" the printer in both, nothing prints.  Now when I try to "remove" some of the printers (and duplicates) that I've installed, I can't delete them (even when logged in as the admin) - perhaps a spool issue?  I've uninstalled and re-installed Bonjour (and used the 64 bit version the second time).  (The printer works fine when plugged directly into the laptop via USB cable.)  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated August 6, 2018 Views 61,064 Applies to:
Answer
Hi,
Welcome to Microsoft answers.

We are working on the compatibility of Bonjour for Apple but in mean while you may run the program in vista compatibility mode.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Search.aspx?type=Software&s=Bonjour%20for%20Windows

I would suggest you to run the program in Vista compatibility mode

Here are the steps

1. Right click on the icon for the program
2. Click on properties
3. Now click on compatibility TAB
4. Under compatibility section,  put a check mark on “Run this program in compatibility mode for:”
5. In the drop down box select windows vista
6. You can see Input settings section
7. Under Input settings section, put a check mark on “ Turn off advanced text services for this program’
8. Click on “Apply”
9. Click on “OK”

Thanks and Regards,
Azam - Microsoft Support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.