Problem with Graphics Card.

Original title------New Graphics Card Help------

Info:Win7x64professional

Asrock Extreme 6 Mobo

i7-3770k

750 power supply

I just installed my new Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 and simply, it's not working.  Everything is connected, it lights up and the fans are running, but no video.  I installed Gigabytes guru application which when it got to installing the nVidia drivers ended up saying "Could not find compatible hardware" so I did a reboot and upon restarting I received an error message via "oc_guru" (gigabyte's program) saying "Please confirm whether to support this VGA card!" with the only option being "Ok" so I hit "Ok" and the box closes but nothing else happens.  I also do not see the card in Device Manager.

What could be wrong, what else should I check, and how do I get this card up and running?

Answer
Answer

Hi Clazza,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This error could be caused if something went wrong with the hardware.

I would suggest you to check if the Graphics card is listed in BIOS. If the device is not listed, then I would suggest you to contact the hardware/computer manufacturer for further assistance with this issue (Check the user guide/manual to boot to BIOS).

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

Thank you.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 4, 2023 Views 2,347 Applies to: