Problem connecting Bluetooth mouse to Sony Vaio after upgrade to Windows 7 Professional 32 bit

After upgrading my Sony Vaio VGN-SZ670N from Windows XP to Windows 7 Pro 32 bit, I cannot get bluetooth to locate and connect a bluetooth mouse.  I tried all the standard methods to add the device, but with no luck.  Troubleshooter and help were of no benefit to resolving the problem.

Under XP, Sony used a program called Smart Wi Connection Utility to manage bluetooth, WiFi & WWAN.  They did not revise this for WIndows 7 and no longer support it.  I downloaded all availablel drivers from Sony website.  A device driver: Bluetooth USB Controller (ALPS/UGPZ6) was installed in the Bluetooth USB section in Device Manager.  It indicates that it is working properly.  I went in to MMC. Services and noted that there is a Bluetooth Support Service.  It showed the status as Stopped and the Startup Type as Manual.  I started the service and changed the type to Automatic.

I then hit Start\ Devices & Printers.  It shows a device named UGX, which, when clicked, indicates that it is a bluetooth radio.  I right-click on the device and slect the option "Bluetooth Settings."  This brings up a dialog box with various options.  The first option is a check box for "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer."  The box was unchecked, so I checked it, so that it would allow the computer to discover the device.  When I hit the button to Apply, it returned the following error mesage:  An error occurred while Windows was saving your settings.  The bluetooth device might be unplugged.  The following settings were not saved......

Any solutions out there?  BTW - I've tried to connect both a Toshiba Wireless BT mouse and a Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000.  Same results - Nada

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've been through those links and haven't resolved the issue.  I also tried deleting the driver and getting a new one, I also did a driver update through device manager - all come back saying the driver installed is the latest & greatest; and yet, no bluetooth!

Thanks for trying to help.

Sorry this didn't help.

i have a solution for you...

your biggest problem is bluetooth and the webcam. for some reason i have solved the 2 problems but i still cant solve the smartwi... you dont need it. bluetooth and webcam will work.

go to;

http://www.sony-mea.com/support/productcategory/it+personal+computer

my model i solved on:

http://www.sony-mea.com/support/product/VPCYB15AG

good luck

F

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 21, 2019 Views 5,227 Applies to: