Printer shows 'not enough memory' message after Windows 7 upgrade

I have an OKI 3200 printer which, up until a windows 7 upgrade from vista, worked fine.  Now when I try to print anything other than plain text, I get an Interactive Services Detection box which takes me to a new screen and box titled "Not enough memory to print" explaining that due to memory shortage it can't print the document, to exit some apps and retry if not set spool data to RAW.  Anyway:

1) this box will not clear and keeps returning since the document cannot be cleared from the spool queue;
2) Spool data is set to RAW
3) it all worked fine before the upgrade.

I have :

a) checked that the OKI 3200 is compatible with Windows 7, which it is;
b) tried uninstalling the printer/driver and re-installing;
c) tried searching all forums

and nothing will print!

Please help....

Question Info

Last updated July 18, 2018 Views 7,796 Applies to:
Answer

I JUST FIXED IT!!! Luckily my other computer had the printer working and so i checked the version # of the driver by clicking Printer Properties => Device options tab => About.

When it was giving me the error message, it was using driver version 1.0.4. after rebooting uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers from the oki website, version 2.2.2 finally installed right and now it works. I am convinced that the old driver (version 1.0.4) came off the disc i used when i first connected the printer. Once that was completely uninstalled, I was able to reinstall the the printer using the new driver...http://www.okidata.com/mkt/html/nf/Drivers.html

hope that works for you too

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.