Printer probs - Error Code 30

I've uninstalled and installed my printer many times but keep getting "Error Code 30". The printer sounds like it's going to work, but then I get the error. It seems more like the computer has the problem, but not sure. Running XP, printer is HP 2210, all in one.

Question Info

Last updated September 21, 2019 Views 917 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

1.      Were there any changes made to your computer before the issue occurred?

2.      Were you able to use your printer earlier on the same computer without any problems?

3.      Have you tried using your printer on any other computer?

4.      Are you able to print a test page on your printer?

I would suggest you to follow few troubleshooting steps to fix the issue on your computer.

Method:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to run the HP printer diagnostic tool and check if it helps:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c02073861

Step 2:

You can try disabling Windows Firewall and Antivirus temporarily and check if the issue gets resolved.

Refer the link below.

Turn Windows Firewall on or off

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283673

Note: Turn Windows Firewall ON once the troubleshooting process is complete.

Disable antivirus software:

Restart the computer, and then close or disable any antivirus or antispyware program that may be running

Warning: This workaround may make a computer or a network more vulnerable to attack by malicious users or by malicious software such as viruses. We do not recommend this workaround but are providing this information so that you can implement this workaround at your own discretion. Use this workaround at your own risk.

You can reduce the risk of attack by malicious users or malicious software by not visiting other Web sites or downloading files while your antivirus and antispyware program is closed or disabled.

One of the most common causes of installation failure is when a third-party program, such as an antivirus program, holds a file open or locks a file that the printer program needs. To prevent this issue, follow these steps:

1.      Exit all programs, and then restart the computer.

2.      After you restart the computer, close or disable any antivirus or antispyware programs that may be running.
Note You can disable the programs from the notification area. To do this, right-click the third-party program icon, and then click an option to close or to disable the application. If this option is not available, see the program documentation, or contact the program's manufacturer for instructions.

3.      After you close the antivirus program or the antispyware program, you can try printing documents from the printer.

4.      After the issue is fixed, restart the antivirus program or the antispyware program that you disabled in step 2.

If this method resolved the issue, you are finished.

Provide us with additional information. So that we can help you fix the problem on your computer.

Hope this information helps you.

Microsoft Answers

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.