PCIe ASPM is disabled "due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer"

My desktop computer runs Windows 7 Professional x64. As far as I can tell, my computer has no trouble going to standby (S3) and no trouble waking from standby. My power settings work just fine, as far as I know.

Nevertheless, my Windows 7 "Power Report" shows the following "error":

PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer.

I believe this refers to PCIe link state power management.

Considering that this computer is almost brand new, with no changes made to the original hardware, and that Dell is not likely to include hardware with 'known incompatibility' in its systems, can I just ignore this 'error?

Answer
Answer
Reply In reply to deleted message

If there's anyone at Microsoft who actually knows what the "known incompatibility" is, they aren't saying.

After searching Microsoft's website and the web for an answer and finding none, I've come to the conclusion that this is another one of those incomprehensible Windows messages that Microsoft tries to ignore ("...consult your original equipment manufacturer for assistance...") and nobody else can figure out.

Lucky for me, my computer goes into and wakes from hybrid sleep without issue, despite the "known incompatibility" that nobody at Microsoft knows about.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 28, 2020 Views 15,794 Applies to: