Oversize command mode 1280x1024

i have a Kogi L7EH-TA LCD monitor that worked fine on Windows Vista. I try to use the monitor on new pc w/Windows 7 and the computer boots up and gets to the "Windows" graphic then the monitor goes blank and flashes the 'oversize command mode 1280 x 1024'. Any ideas?
Answer
Answer

Hi Jsacb,

Normally this issue occurs if the graphic drivers are not updated on your computer. 

Firstly, I would suggest you to boot the computer in safe mode with networking and check if you can see the display. To boot to the desktop in safe mode keep tapping F8 key during restart. Once you see the option to boot in safe mode select it and press enter.

Access the link to know more about how to boot the computer in safe mode: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

If you are able to boot to the desktop in Safe mode, disable the display adapter in device manager and try to boot to the desktop in normal mode.

To disable display adapter in device manager, follow the steps below. 

1. Click on Start.
  2. In the start search box type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
  3. In the device manager, expand display adapter, make a note of the adapter installed and right click on the adapter and click on disable.
  4. Restart the computer and check if you can boot to the desktop and see the display.

If the above steps work, try to download the latest display drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers.

Also you may try to update the display drivers on your computer and check if it helps. Access the link below and follow the steps to update drivers. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas R Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 18, 2019 Views 2,963 Applies to: