Not enough resources code 12, pci sound card not working properly.

I have an Auzentech xplosion 7.1 pci sound card that worked fine on previous motherboard (dfi lanparty s939). I upgraded to a new system and can't get it to work. My current motherboard is 970 extreme3 R2.0.  

I have tried updating the driver, deleting the driver and reinstalling it. It shows up in device manager with the yellow flag saying error code 12. If I goto sound devices it does not show up. I tried disabling onboard sound and that did not work. This is a fresh install with windows 7 64bit. 

I have used the troubleshoot guide and it recognizes the problem but cannot fix it. Post of the pic below of this.

I have only a sound card in the PCI slots and an ati 4670 video card in the PCI-E slot. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is very frustrating. 

Question Info

Last updated February 3, 2019 Views 3,084 Applies to:

Hello,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

Error code 12:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12)

Cause:

This error can occur if two devices that are installed on your computer have been assigned the same I/O ports, the same interrupt, or the same Direct Memory Access channel (either by the BIOS, the operating system, or both). This error message can also appear if the BIOS did not allocate enough resources to the device.

I would suggest you to follow the steps provided below and see if it helps.

Method 1

Uninstall graphics card driver completely and reinstall.

a. Click on start button.
b. In the search box type devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
c. Select the graphics card device and right click on it.
d. Now select properties.
e. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.

f. If you’re sure you want to delete the driver click OK.

Note: If you want the driver completely removed from the computer check “Delete the driver software for this device.”

You may also download and install the latest driver for it from manufacturer’s website.

For more information visit:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Update-drivers-recommended-links

Method 2

Disable the conflicting device

a. On the device Properties dialog box, click the General tab.

b. Click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard. The wizard asks you some simple questions and provides a solution to your problem based on the answers that you provide.

c. Follow the resolution steps provided by the wizard to resolve the problem.

Also refer the following link:

Code 12: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732199(v=ws.10).aspx

Additional Information:

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123/en-us

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Ramesh Kumar.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No offense but did you even read the post? It is my sound card that is problem not the video card. I stated that I already uninstalled all the drivers and reloaded. I have only two things plugged in - my video card which I cant disable because there is no onboard video and my sound card. 

Please someone besides a generic template response help!

Thanks

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would like to inform you that, this error can occur if two devices that are installed on your computer have been assigned the same I/O ports, the same interrupt, or the same Direct Memory Access channel (either by the BIOS, the operating system, or both). This error message can also appear if the BIOS did not allocate enough resources to the device.

To fix this problem, you may use the Troubleshooting Wizard in Device Manager to determine where the conflict is, and then disable the conflicting device.

Disable the conflicting device by using the Troubleshooting Wizard 

1. In the device's Properties dialog box, click the General tab.
  2. Click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard. The wizard asks you some simple questions and provides a solution to your problem based on the answers that you provide.

Follow the resolution steps provided by the wizard to resolve the problem.

Refer: Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123/en-us

Do get back and let us know the status of the issue, I will be glad to help you further. We, at Microsoft strive towards excellence.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

I seem to be having a similar problem. I purchased a new motherboard a GIGABYTE x79 UD3 LGA 2011 motherboard. My PCI soundcard an M-audio DELTA 44 worked perfectly on my ASus motherboard. After changing the motherboard to the GIGABYTE and upgrading my processor my sound card doesnt work. It keeps giving error code 12. i've tried uninstalling the device, uinstalling the driver, removing and re-inserting the card. Nothing works. 

I've also tried windows troubleshooter all that does is tell me the problem i already knew I had.

And I am currently using the most recent driver for my soundcard. So please please please give me a solution I can use.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello avanology,

Thank you for sharing your issue on the Microsoft Community Forum.

I would suggest you to provide with the following information in order to provide with better assistance.

1. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  2. In the list of hardware categories, find and expand the Sound, video and game controllers, right-click on the device driver mentioned, and click on Properties.
  3. Click on the Details tab and select Hardware Ids from the drop-down menu under section Property.

Please provide the details under section Value in the next post. If you are uncomfortable in providing the details precisely, you may also send a screenshot of the Hardware ID details.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Harkanwar

Sorry this didn't help.

Wow. Thanks for your speedy reply. Didnt expect a reply so quickly. Ok so I did what you asked and for your convenience I have pasted the info as well as supplied a screenshot. Hope this will be useful to you in assisting me with my problem. Thank you.

M audio Delta 44

Hardware ids

PCI\VEN_1412&DEV_1712&SUBSYS_D6331412&REV_02
PCI\VEN_1412&DEV_1712&SUBSYS_D6331412
PCI\VEN_1412&DEV_1712&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_1412&DEV_1712&CC_0401

Sorry this didn't help.

I just faced with this issue too. I have an M-audio audiophile 2496 soundcard. I was able to resolve this issue by moving my soundcard to another PCIE slot. I also removed the drivers before I changed the slot then I reinstalled them again. Problem solved.

Sorry this didn't help.