no network adapters found in windows 7, works fine in windows 8

Hey all,

I recently installed Windows 7 to dual boot next to Windows 8 (the main operating system atm). I've been having stability issues in windows 8 (random freezes, forced to hard-reboot), and so I installed Windows 7 fresh alongside it to see which works better. My internet works fine in Windows 8, but when I load up Windows 7, no network adapters are found. When I go to "Device Manager", I didn't even find a section for Network Adapters. I transferred over and installed the drivers for the LAN card and WiFi module but I had no luck, as both installed fine, but the situation did not change. I would run update on the windows 7 but since I have no way to get internet I have no way to download and install the updates. I believe SP1 is installed, though. I should also mention that I tried installing Samsung's LAN and WiFi drivers, both with no effect on the network adapters. I'm currently on a Samsung Series 7 Gamer. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2019 Views 281 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hello Jaked,

I would suggest you to perform the troubleshooting steps from the link “Wired and wireless network connection problems in Windows” and check if this fixes the issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.