No logitech webcam detected

My computer doesn't detect the connected webcam. It happened with my old trek 320 webcam and I tought there was a compatibility issue so I purchased a new logitech c120 webcam but I have the same problem. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (several times) the logitech webcam software, logitech drivers and drivers from the Device Manager and still cannot use it. The system recognizes it as the image device in Device Manager, it appears in Devices and Printers and in Properties says that it's functioning correctly, it also appears in the list of usable video devices in messenger and logitech software even shows it's connected. But when I want to take pictures or video with logitech software it gives me the error message: "No logitech webcam detected" and ask me to check the webcam is properly connected to the USB port, wich it is, in fact I've tried all ports in my desktop with no response. And messenger won't let me use it either. So it's installed but useless. The OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bits. Thanks for your time.

Hi Antiga Serp,

·         Are you able to access any other USB device?

Try the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the hardware and device troubleshooter.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Open-the-Hardware-and-Devices-troubleshooter

Step 2: Uninstall and reinstall all USB controllers. Follow the steps below:

a)    Click Start, type device manager on the search box and press enter.

b)    Device manager window will open, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

c)    Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.

d)    Restart the computer, windows will reinstall the USB controllers.

e)    Plug in the removable USB storage device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Also update the latest BIOS (basic input/output system) and chipset drivers.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

For reference:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Webcam-General-Discussion/Quick-tips-for-posting-video-topics/m-p/353

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3428

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your answer Sandeep Ghatuary, unfortunately after following the steps I couldn't find a solution:
The hardware and device troubleshooter couldn't find the issue thus gave no solutions.
Reinstalled the USB controllers but still no detection.
Can't update the BIOS, found I'm supposed to have the latest BIOS  available for my PC trough purchased software review and manufacturer webpage research.

I gave up to using the webcam, left the problem and, after all this time, realized the camera must be the problem, being factory damaged or something alike.
However the problem became greater because I started to recieve blue screens with errors such as "IRQL not less or equal", "memory management" and so, caused for newly installed software or hardware. But that's another question to post on the forum.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The Hardware & Device troubleshooter didn't work for me, but did identify the Logitech Camera driver as broken. I unplugged the camera from my targus docking station and plugged it directly into the laptop. That work. However, when I plugged the camera back into the docking station, it wasn't found. Any thoughts?

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

OMG, that's whats happening to me,i hope there's a solution. it's driving me nuts!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think logiteck is a scam. they know it doesn't work on most computers but they keep selling them. they need to recall and make usefull ones. I live on a tight budget and they screwed me. hope you're making a lot of money off of screwing people!

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think logiteck is a scam. they know it doesn't work on most computers but they keep selling them. they need to recall and make usefull ones. I live on a tight budget and they screwed me. hope you're making a lot of money off of screwing people!

Logitech is NOT a scam. The problem isn't the device it's your computer. I work on computers for a living and I use Logitech as my choice for all peripherals. I recently purchased a Logitech webcam for one of my clients and it would not install. I tried everything I know to try to resolve the issue. Eventually I took the camera to one of my own Windows 7 machines and plugged it in and it detected the camera right away. The problem is your computer not the webcam. I bought a different webcam for my customer and tried it and again the same problem. I bet if you try the webcam on another computer it will work just fine :)

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Logitech is NOT a scam. The problem isn't the device it's your computer. I work on computers for a living and I use Logitech as my choice for all peripherals. I recently purchased a Logitech webcam for one of my clients and it would not install. I tried everything I know to try to resolve the issue. Eventually I took the camera to one of my own Windows 7 machines and plugged it in and it detected the camera right away. The problem is your computer not the webcam. I bought a different webcam for my customer and tried it and again the same problem. I bet if you try the webcam on another computer it will work just fine :)

What if you do not have another pc. It's really frustrating me right now

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 4, 2024 Views 71,521 Applies to: