My computer is a 64 bit windows 7 but is running in 32bit?

My computer is a 64 bit windows 7 but I just noticed that in the "dxdiag" (DirectX Diagnostic Tool) it says that my computer is running in 32bit. Im not running any other programs that may cause it to do this and it happens every time I restart my computer. It is causing me to not be able to run a essential program for my uni course because it has to be in 64bit.

Question Info

Last updated October 29, 2019 Views 3,223 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

That's why I asked the question to confirm rather than assume! The properties page is the definitive statement for the Windows version

When I run DxDiag on my system the O/S is listed as 64-bit in the System Information panel however it is the DxDiag itself which is by default 32-bit code. What I do get is a button to Run 64-bit DxDiag.

This command will force DxDiag to start in 64-bit c:\Windows\System32\dxdiag.exe /64bit but what led you to run DxDiag in the 1st place, what errors are you getting from Maya?

Also Maya 2014 has a very limited range of Graphics cards it supports, Some AMD FirePro, higher spec Radeon HD, NVidia Quadro and GTX all of which should be DX11. What are you running?

12 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.