Question

Q: Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Desktop 7000 transceiver driver does not install on Windows 7 64 bit

Hi there,

I've just purchased a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Desktop 7000 and followed the installation steps but the driver for the transceiver does not install, I get "Device driver software was not successfully installed".

If I look at the device properties in Device Manager  the device staus is

This device is not configured correctly (Code 1)

A service installation section in this INF if invalid

If I click Update Driver and search automatically I get

"Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date"

I've searched Windows Update and an update for "Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Detection Driver" was found but this too failed to install.

Anyone any ideas on how to get this to work?

Answer

A:

I've solved the problem.  I'm usimg a Dell Studio 17, 64 Bit Windows 7.  The Dell has touch buttons above the keyboard that havent been working for some time.  Now yesterday I was searching the web for some other information and came across an article that had a solution to the non functioning touch buttons.  This was to turn off the laptop, remove the battery and power supply, then press the keys for 20 seconds or so to drain and residual motherboard power.  This I did which fixed the touch buttons and also apparently the inability to install the wireless 2.4 Gh transceiver.

So problem all solved, thanks to every one who contributed to this thread.

Adriam.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 8,167 Last updated: July 17, 2018 Applies to: