Question

Q: Microsoft Arc Mouse and Bluetooth

Hello This could be a simple question to answer. I love the style of the Arc mouse but want to use the native Bluetooth receiver in my laptop without useing the USB port. Can this be done and if not, what mouse would you suggest that is similar.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Arc mice / keyboard are not based on Bluetooth signals.  They seem to use a receiver that uses a radio signal.

Here are Microsoft's Bluetooth enable mice offerings:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductList.aspx?type=Mouse&techId=Bluetooth

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

3 people were helped by this reply

I know this thread is old but if ms would put out a Bluetooth version of that arc touch mouse I would buy 3 today. Especially would be nice with my Surface RT 😉

Sorry this didn't help.

I would buy a Bluetooth Arc mouse in a heartbeat.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same, it'd fit well in my Surface's case pocket without being bulky. Don't want an additional receiver to use the mouse.

Sorry this didn't help.

Amen...  Love the Arc Mouse.  Hate that I blow a USB port on a receiver.  Please Microsoft, listen to your customers.  I have four computers/tablets.  I'd buy one for each of them.

Sorry this didn't help.

Exactly ... bought surface pro 128 with only 1 USB ... which was not a good idea in the first place and now have to be fully used at all times with mouse that could easily be bluetooth? Cmon MS don't tell everyone at MS is happy with type cover's useless touchpad. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I'll throw in my vote too! BT for the Arc and you'd sell several in our IT department too. A single USB port taken up by a mouse receiver because the touchpad is NOT a good replacement for a mouse was a poor design decision (on an otherwise AMAZING device - Surface Pro).

Sorry this didn't help.

Agreed, this would be a must purchase if the mouse had bluetooth.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I cannot agree more.  I am loving my surface, but the single USB port is a dealbreaker.  There are very few decent bluetooth mice out there, I hope Microsoft is paying attention here!

Sorry this didn't help.

One more vote for a Bluetooth Arc. I'd buy two today.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 21,004 Last updated: June 19, 2018 Applies to: