Logitech Gamepad F310 error Failed to Install Drivers

Original title L-: Logitech Gamepad F310 Won't Work Because Windows Failed to Install Drivers

Just purchased a Logitech Gamepad F310 controller. I can't actually use it with anything because I get the "Failed to Install Drivers" message. Tinkering around in the Device Manager does nothing. Two 45-minute calls to Logitech and a 20-minute call to Microsoft also did nothing (the latter of the three due to me not wanting to pay $99 to buy a warranty and fix the problem; for perspective's sake, the controller retailed for $25, a.k.a. not even remotely worth it).

So what do I do to force my computer to install the drivers and use the controller properly?

Question Info

Last updated September 16, 2018 Views 18,701 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community. I will help you resolve issue with Logitech Gamepad F310. Please reply to this question to the help you better.

·         Have you made any recent changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I’m glad to provide you with these steps which will help you resolve the issue with Logitech Gamepad F310:

Method 1:

Connect Logitech Gamepad F310 to different computer and check if it works.

Method 2:

Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if the issue occurs. Follow the steps in the link:

“Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter”

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Open-the-Hardware-and-Devices-troubleshooter

Method 3:

Download and install Logitech Gamepad F310 driver manually from the link and check if the issue occurs:

http://www.logitech.com/en-in/support/gamepad-f310?crid=411&section=downloads&osid=14&bit=32

Method 4:

If the issue still occurs, restart computer in clean boot to disable third party application and check if Logitech Gamepad F310 works fine. Follow “step 1” in the link to enable to clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Follow step 3 from the article to “Reset the computer to start as usual”, after performing the clean boot troubleshooting.

Hope this information helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, please reply we will be happy to help you.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi all. I have a similar problem with my Logitech Gamepad F310. As i try to connect the controller to the computer via. usb port, it states that the usb device is not recognized. I tried connecting it to other computer but it displays the same problem. I tried method 2 but it just states that it is not functioning properly as skipped the step. i tried method 3 and there is no detection. Method 4 also does not work. Please help!

128 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,  I have had the same problem and have a soultion. I have tried the Gaming Software and it does not work, You need Logitech Wingman. Which is the gaming software but for a GAMEPAD. As You see: Mr Ahmed had put a link for the Wingman Profiler. Remember make sure Direct which I think is Dual Action is on, That way, it will Show up Properly, if that is not right switch it back to Xinput to see what happens, click on the link in Method 3 to Get it, After that it will be a file called lgs510..... and it will run you through intallation, when it trys to connect make sure it is on DualAction. Then callabrate, test and install, after open up the profiler in the notifacation bar.
after that choose the game, add controls and your done. :)

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Remember it needs to be on Logitech Dual Action! That way you will be able to profile. But when you want to play.... Go to F310 Game Pad mode and that way its hooked up to your games.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also you don't have the right software.... As I said clisck on Method three link and it will download the lgs510 file, That is The profiler the other software is for a gaming mouse, Keyboard or headset, but the wingman has all controller drivers. and like i said in the other post when you try method three go to  Dual Action and it will detect

Sorry this didn't help.

On my Windows 7 PC...The controllers work...but I can't get the Logitech Profiler menu to appear.

When I click on the Controller Icon...nothing happens.

Sorry this didn't help.

Personally, I found the solution (it was on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit) you need to connect a gamepad to PC then inputs to the device manager and uninstall the drivers installed by the operating system, then install the drivers available from Logitech or the CD. Now, when you install this error will not show. I hope it will help:)

Sorry this didn't help.

why is windows 10 being forced on windows 7 ? or on me ?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same problem. Check that the USB drivers for your specific motherboard are updated. For me, I went on the gigabyte website motherboard support page and downloaded the  usb 3.1 driver for windows 10 and after installation Windows could recognize the controller.

Sorry this didn't help.