KINOBO WEBCAM ON WINDOWS 7

I bought a  Kinobo B7 Laptop USB 5mpx Webcam For Windows XP/Vista/7 Skype/Yahoo/MSN Includes USB Microphone

for skype.

PC is a bog standard  H/Packard and has windows 7 home edition. Its 3 years old.

Anyway, the Webcam software  loaded up fine but all I get is a black screen with the loading up circle going around and around ( have left it on for a while to see if it solves it- still nothing)

I have done the sound test on skype and that’s fine but still can’t get a picture.

Have been to options on Skype and checked video settings,  the pc says nothing wrong with it, done the DirectX  in start to check etc as advised on windows. Test on the devices gives it an ok.

Skype forums don’t really give anymore advice. I downloaded the new version of skype and the old version to check

Have downloaded Adobe flash etc and using other ports for webcam, still the same black screen.

I have looked on windows forums and they give lots of advice and gooblegook, but some of the downloads people in  the forums advise to download  I am not wanting to do just in case.

Not sure if its my pc or I need to have something else on the pc that I am not aware of. Is there some other video settings I have to do or check or get from Microsoft?

I have been ok  with  editing videos from my camcorder so getting a moving picture is ok.

Any advice,

Hello Frank,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft Community Forum.

I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could assist you further.

1. Have you checked if your webcam is working with any other applications?

2. Is the webcam seen in the Device Manager?

A webcam is a video input device, similar to a scanner or camera, and will not work unless you have software that works with your webcam hardware. Check you should have latest software from manufacturer website.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

Method 1

Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Open-the-Hardware-and-Devices-troubleshooter

Method 2

Let`s uninstall the webcam from the device manager and reinstall it.

a) Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.‌ If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

b) Look for the USB (Universal Serial Bus controllers) or other devices and expand it. Now, right click on it and select Uninstall. When prompted for confirmation check the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device” and click OK.

c) Restart the computer. Windows will now try to find the latest drivers for the device.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-driver-hardware-isnt-working-properly#update-driver-hardware-isnt-working-properly=windows-7

Kinobo

http://www.kinobo.co.uk/

Method 3

Follow the steps from Skype support to check the issue.

How can I solve problems with video calling in Skype for Windows desktop?

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1267/how-can-i-solve-problems-with-video-calling-in-skype-for-windows-desktop

Method 4

Make sure you have the latest Windows Updates installed. Check for the optional updates as it may have the required drivers.

Install Windows updates in Windows 7

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Install-Windows-updates

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

thanks, will try, some of these things when at home ( currently at work pc here not allowed webcam, pc mentioned is my home one so cant check )

Also last night , tried clicking on webcam on  windows move maker- no picture.

Have also clicked on windows update and was given the message that the device had all the updates required and troubleshooter said no problems.

If none of this works, poss the webcam is faulty

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi

tried all your suggestions & nothing worked.

I have this from the Kinobo support page

All our webcam products are plug-and-play, which means we don't usually provide any additional CDs. In order to install a webcam, just plug it into a free USB port and the installation will happen automatically in the background.

Once this is done, your webcam will be ready to use with your chat or video software. Again, we do not provide any additional software, as this is in most cases unneccessary. Other companies provide  installation CDs with a lot of unneccessary software, which can slow the computer down or show unwanted advertising. We believe that you should choose the software you wish to use and not one that we dictate.

In order to test the webcam without using Skype or a similar chat program, you can download free software, such as Webcam Viewer or the trial version of AmCap.

end quote

The product is Kinobo, i looked at properties it tells me the driver and driver file are Microsoft. Webcam doesnt work on Microsoft mover maker either. The only driver i have is the printer, no other. Perhaps this webcam doesnt  like working  with the microsoft i have on my pc

I have tried Amcap, but not yet webcam  viewer although I  still  suspect nothing. Honestly until i try it in someone elses pc, I must assume the webcam must be faulty.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Frank,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the issue.

Did you try to check the webcam on another computer?

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

Try to clean boot the system and check the webcam.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 27, 2019 Views 809 Applies to: