keyboard stops working when using mouse at the same time playing games

Hi there!

I have the wireless laser 3000 desktop set - and when playing games (Minecraft, and just now discovered it does it in Dungeon Defenders also) I use the W" key as forward, and my right mouse button to change my view as I move.  But in both games, if I am running along, changing the view as I go, all of a sudden I stop moving forward - it's as if using both at the same time interferes with each other or something =/

This is a brand new (less than 1 hour) old desktop set, with fresh batteries and it's happening - but I also had the set before, and have just replaced it, and it happened with that one too

Anyone have any idea what could be causing it?  I'm on windows 7 64-bit - but it also happened when I had 32-bit - everything is updated to latest.  I'm totally stumped as to what could be causing this - would really appreciate any help!

*edits* Should add, I just tried to download IPx64_1033_8.20.468.0.exe and ITPx64_1033_8.20.469.0.exe which was the software Microsoft had on the website to download, but when I tried to run them, got told I had newer versions on my PC

*edits again* I can use any other mouse, and it doesn't happen - or any other keyboard with the sets mouse, and it doesn't happen - it's just when I use those two together - so am wondering if it's something to do with the wireless desktop receiver thing?

Hi Teeshy,

This could be due to some common issues between the transceiver and the keyboard/mouse devices. This could also happen if there is any third party software conflicting with the keyboard device. I would like to ask some questions regarding this issue:

1)       Do you have any third party keyboard driver software installed on the computer?

2)       Does this happen when you work on other software on the computer or only when you play the games?

3)       How did you install the keyboard and mouse drivers on the computer? Was it installed automatically by Windows 7 when you connected the devices to the computer?

I would first suggest you to check if this is caused by the common issues between the transceiver and the keyboard/mouse devices. You may refer to this article and try the steps given in it:

Troubleshooting wireless and Bluetooth® issues

If this does not help, then you may check if this is caused by any third party software conflicts on the computer. To check this, let’s try performing a clean boot and check the status.

Perform a Clean Boot and find out which application/service is causing this issue.

A clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts and to determine what is causing the problem. Perform a clean boot on the computer by following the steps given in the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: While performing the clean boot, please do not disable the service related to the game that you use to check the status of the issue.

Follow all the steps given in this link and try to figure out the application or service causing this issue. You may please note that performing a clean boot does not fix the actual issue. It just helps us in identifying the root cause of the issue.

If the issue does not occur in clean boot, then you may determine which application/service on the computer is causing this issue. This can be done by following the instructions given in the article “How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot” under the section “More information” from the same given link.

Important: After you have finished troubleshooting, refer to the article “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” for Windows 7, given under the section “More Information” to reset the computer to start as usual from the above link.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Rajesh Govind - Microsoft Support Engineer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Rajesh - thanks for getting back to me! =)

I did all the trouble shooting, and nothing changed, also did the clean boot, and the problem still happened in game when I did that.

I don't have any third party keyboard driver software installed that I know of - I checked through installed programs etc just to be sure

As far as I know this only happens in games - but I honestly can't think of a way to test it in any other program - I opened up a blank text document and held the "W" key down while waggling the mouse all around the screen and that didn't seem to stop the "W" from typing - just made me laugh at myself ;)

Originally (when I posted this question) the keyboard/mouse that was installed was automatic from windows when I plugged them in - it installed a Mouse & Keyboard center.  But I noticed that the "intellitype" drivers/program wasn't installed that way, so I uninstalled it, then re downloaded the latest IntelliType Pro and IntelliPoint from Microsoft and installed them.

Also, in one of the games - Dungeon Defenders - I actually have to hold the right mouse button down, and move the mouse to change where the "camera" is in game - in Minecraft I just have to move the mouse, without holding down any buttons - and it happens in both games.  There's no set time that it takes to happen - sometimes it will go for 15 seconds or so before it stops me moving - other times my character will move just one step and stop.

Very frustrating when you are running a time sensitive mission!  Which is why I am very glad I had another mouse here ;)

Thanks again for your help!  Fingers crossed something else you can suggest might work!

*edits* while I was doing the trouble shooting this morning, I also changed the wireless receiver as I had kept the old one plugged in 'cos I was too lazy to change them when I got the new keyboard & mouse - but that hasn't fixed it either =)

Also felt it worth mentioning,  I have been having this trouble for many months now - on my old PC as well as this new one (old PC had win 7 32, this one has win 7 64)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hope it's ok to bump this?

Really would love to know how to fix this - if anyone else has any ideas?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Teeshy,

I really apologize for the delay in responding to this thread.

Since, you have tried almost all the troubleshooting steps (given in the above link) for the common issues that can occur with the transceiver and the keyboard/mouse devices; this could be a hardware issue with the mouse or the keyboard. Thus, I would suggest you to get in touch with the Microsoft Hardware Support and check with them from this link:

Microsoft Hardware Support

Hope this is helpful. If you need any further assistance with the Windows Operating System, please do post your query on Microsoft Community Forums and we’ll be glad to assist you with it.

Regards,
Rajesh Govind - Microsoft Support Engineer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for getting back to me Rajesh =)

I have already contacted hardware support (I think!) I went to that link before I ever started this thread, and phoned the number for Australia, and the lady I spoke to on the phone also told me I needed to contact hardware support (even though the number I rang was the one listed on that page) she then sent me an email with some links (quoted here)

"Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service.

It was great speaking with you earlier. As follow up to your conversation about MS Hardware,I am sending you the link below for your reference.

URL:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/support/contact-us

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/support/troubleshooting

We hope that this would help to resolve your issue.

We thank you for your continuous support of Microsoft's products and services. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require more information.

Regards,

Shiela

If your issue still persists even after following the instructions included in the information, please utilize the following support resources.

n  Visit MS Community (http://answers.microsoft.com) and post your questions.

n  Visit our support home page (http://support.microsoft.com)

n  Visit our Twitter twitter.com/MSAU (Australia)"

That's how I ended up here, I tried all their troubleshooting, and then went to answers.microsoft.com  (here) and posted this thread =)

I'm not sure if the phone number on the microsoft site is wrong, but she didn't seem to be hardware support either.

I'll try the number again today, and see if I can get somewhere helpful!  Thanks again for trying =)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 28, 2018 Views 352 Applies to: