Question

Q: Install Citizen Systems GSX-190 Printer in Windows 7? This thread is locked from future replies

Hi. I would like to install a printer CITIZEN GSX-190 on Windows 7, through a "Paraller Printer Cable".
The latter, it works correctly.
Try installing the driver "Generic, but only salted strange characters, and drivers CITIZEN page, just go to Windows XP.
Please, I need help.
P. S. Neither works as Epson LX, or IBM Compatible ...

thanks

Hi,

Do you get any error code or error message while installing the printer?

The Citizen printer that you are using is compatible with Windows 7. Refer to the following for more information: http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Citizen+Systems+GSX-190+Printer&v=Citizen+Systems&uid=GSX-190&l=en-US&pf=41&pi=4&c=Printers+%26+Scanners&sc=Other+Printers&os=32-bit

I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the following Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Find and install printer drivers in Windows 7:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Find-and-install-printer-drivers

If the steps provided did not help, then you may contact manufacturer support for further assistance on installation:

http://www.citizen-systems.com/Pages/UisSupport/indexSupport.aspx

Hope the information is helpful.

Basith M
- Forum Moderator (Multiple Forums)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

4 people were helped by this reply

First of all, thanks for taking the time to respond.
I commented:
a) between the Windows and Web had already seen that it was compatible, but nothing that says there seems to work.
b) service from CITIZEN, I do not give a favorable response (say there are no drivers for win7)
3) the compaibilidades emulation i trade, but  dont work.
4) The printer works fine in windows 98.

More Info:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Wanting to install, not on the list.
I try to EPSON or IBM COMPATIBLE, but not walk. (Prints strange characters)
If you want to do for "Windows Update", is not found.
The printer self test, goes well.

There is a server where download the appropriate driver??

Help???

Sorry this didn't help.

4 people were helped by this reply

Hi,

I would suggestyou to try installing the old drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.
Make older programs run in this version of Windows:

If installing the drivers in compatibility mode did not help, then it would be better to contact Citizen systems for further assistance.

Hope the information is helpful.
Basith M

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. The driver is not available at citizens site and the printer is not listed at the Add printer process, and when I try Windows Update does not list any other printers.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,
I would suggest you to create a new thread, so that we could help you further with this issue.
Basith M

Sorry this didn't help.

Como agregar una impresora Citizen GSX-190 o cualquier otra parecida 
en Windows 7 
Paso a explicar: 

Ir a INICIO – Dispositivos e impresoras 
Agregar impresora – agregar impresora local 
Elegir un puerto de impresión 
Usar un puerto existente * por defecto aparece LPT1*, abrir el desplegable y elegir “ USB001 (puerto de impresión virtual para USB)” siguiente 
Instalar el controlador de imprenta: 
Fabricante: “Generic” – Impresora – “Generic IBM graphic 9 pim” 
Siguiente – LISTO – tea aparecerá, “hacer una copia de control”, después podrás ver el icono de la nueva impresora, a esta altura la calidad de impresión de textos es medianamente buena, pero si quieres una mejor impresión – hacer sobre el icono clip sobre el botón derecho del mouse, te aparecerá una lista de opciones – abrí- “preferencias de impresión” –“presentación” – “opciones avanzadas” – “gráfico” – “calidad de impresión” y elegí la mayor definición (240 x 216 dots per inch), ahora si LISTO. 

Fuente: 

http://www.configurarequipos.com/foro-ayuda/2725691/45/0/instalar-una-impresora-citizen-gsx-190-en-windows7.html

*If you want it in english, i guess google translator should be more than enough :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 10461 Last updated: February 6, 2018 Applies to: