Q: Unknown Device Driver This thread is locked from future replies

I recently upgraded Vista HP 32 bit to Win7 32 bit. When my laptop boots it start searching and trying installing some driver. It keep on installing unknown device. I don't know how to stop the process on installing unknow device, so I shutdown my laptop. When  restart, i could see many unknown device in device manger under "Others".
When I scan manually i could not find any device. After deleting all the unknow driver. i again scan manually for device, again i could not find any.
When i restart my laptop, it again start searching and keep on installing unknown device.
No external device (mouse, keboard, pendrive etc) is connected to my laptop.
Can we stop automatic searching and installing of device at the time of reboot? Please give me some solution to get out of this loop and solve the problem.

To disable automatic driver installation follow the steps mentioned below.

1.Click  on Start and choose the Control Panel.
2.Click on System after selecting Large icons under view drop down menu.
3.Locate and click the Advanced system settings option in the left side column. The System Properties dialogue box will be displayed
4.Go to the Hardware tab, and click the Device Installation Settings button.
5.Now, you will be presented with two options regarding driver installation, select No – let me choose what to do, then click Save Changes.

This should help you in getting rid of the automatic driver installation on system startup. Let us know if this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,182 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: