Q: Windows Update Latest Round This thread is locked from future replies

I always install all the updates that are released on "update Tuesday." This time around that wasn't a great thing.

I installed them as usual and everything was fine. I came home yesterday to find that my wireless internet connection wasn't there, only to realize that the cats had unplugged it. After plugging it back in the connection came back on for a moment then I was disconnected again. I restarted the computer and everything seemed fine. I tried to play some games that my system always runs great but I had lots of lag in online play so I gave up. I woke this morning to find that my network ID was available in my wireless connections but I couldn't connect to it. The troubleshooter only gave a "there is a problem with your router/gateway" answer which was false as my wife's notebook could surf the net just fine. I then used system restore to go back and uninstall the updates that were published on 4/13/10. Upon restart I was able to connect to the network just fine.

Also since that update I can't use the taskbar to open the Network and Sharing Center or the Action Center but have to access these things through the control panel and this problem was not resolved like my network connectivity problem was. Perhaps the latest round of updates is buggy?

Hi grillinman,

Do you remember the updates which caused the issue? If yes, then you may install the standalone package of the updates. You can download the standalone from the below link with the KB number: and check if the issue is resolved.

I would recommend you to update the network adapter driver. Steps to update the network adapter driver:

i.                    Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and then press enter

ii.                  From the list of items expand the network adapter’s device, right click the sub item and then select Update driver.

Link: Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly:

You may even refer: Why can’t I connect to network:

Samhrutha G S - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 409 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: