Q: I did it again made driver install mistake system error atikmdag error 52236 invalid parameter task cplib This thread is locked from future replies

I needed to upgrade bios and drivers from hp but I screwed up accidently installed the graphics driver over the old which I believe is the same because it dosent show a previous version next to it like the other ones I installed! Whats the best way to uninstall and update properly /not sure I'm a rookie maybe from amd and they do have much newer drivers , but if I can just use the windows update driver to fix thats fine also. Error only during logon.After this never again let windows do update from now on!THANKS!Also I see no adverse affects yet. 

Hi SavannahMick,
I would recommend you to contact manufacturer about the BIOS updates. As far as the display adapter drivers are concerned I would recommend you to visit the manufacturer's website and download them manually and install.

Here is how you can remove the display adapter drivers:
Uninstall and reinstall the Graphics adapter drivers:
1. Go to Start and right-click on Computers and select Manage. This will bring the Computer Management window, now on the left sidebar select Device Manager.
2. Then go to Display Adapters and right click on it's name and click on uninstall.
   To reinstall the drivers right click on your card’s name and finally click Update Driver Software
3. You have two options here, click the option that reads "search automatically for updated driver software".
If the above steps does not help I would recommend you to update the display adapter's drives from the manufacturer's website.
For more information refer to the link below:
Update drivers: recommended links

Automatically get recommended drivers and updates for your hardware
Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.
Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards:
Shekhar S - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.
Thanks and Regards,
Shekhar Sharma

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 730 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: