I have a Labtec wireless optical mouse for notebooks. It causes scrolling to involuntarily occur with sliders and drop-down boxes as long as the mouse is hovering over the item.
1) When I signed up to these forums and had to choose a country the mouse scrolled through the list right to the bottom without my intervention (other than selecting the drop-down box). Almost all drop down boxes tend to be effected regardless of what program it is in.
2) If I try to adjust the volume in the system tray the mouse raises the sound even while I am trying to lower it.
3) In certain programs the mouse will scroll through the page automatically. It does not do this with all programs. Chrome, IE, Firefox, Acrobat, Notepad and many others are not affected.
4) I did not have these issues with XP at all, but I did when I used Ubuntu (mouse would cycle through tabs and always cycle to the first box on the Ubuntu taskbar. I had to alt-tab to change windows.)
5) When I first installed Chrome the mouse would automatically scroll through the tabs to the first one even if all I did was hover over the tabs. I could could only properly select another tab if I clicked it and then moved the mouse from the tabs quickly.
I did this which fixed the issue:
"The document suggests changing some registry values to disable this high resolution behavior. Thus I did just that and added the following 2 entries to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\HID\Vid_xxxx&Pid_yyyy\<instance_ID>\Device Parameters
VScrollHighResolutionDisable = 1HScrollHighResolutionDisable = 1