Q: DVD Does not function in Windows 7 Pro This thread is locked from future replies

I have the same problem as described in this Article ID: 975270  The DVD drives in my system are inaccessible.  Both show in my computer and can play music CD-ROMs but cannot read or play DVDs.

My drives are LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S.  I attempted the fix outlined in the article but received the message:
   "The power scheme, subgroup or setting specified does not exist. "

Other solutions offered on the web also do not work.  re-letter drive in Disk Management.  Delete UpperFilters/LowerFilters from registry (these subkeys do not exist in my registry.

I have the latest Firmware from Lite-On 9LO9N.

Any solutions????

Hi RJKrider,

I’d suggest you to follow the steps described below and check if the issue gets resolve.

Method 1: -

I’d suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device attached to your computer was installed correctly.

·         Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by clicking on the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, click Configure a device.‌ If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

For more information, please visit the link below.

Method 2: - If the above method doesn’t resolve your issue, try to Reset power settings and check.

1.       Click on Start Orb, and type Control Panel in search box, hit enter to open it.

2.       Click on Power Options.

3.       Select your current plan and click on Change plan settings.

4.       Click on Restore default settings for this plan and click on Save changes.

Please contact your manufacturer for more assistance if the above resolutions does not work, your DVD drive would be bad or not connected properly. You can contact the drive Manufacturer by HERE.

Yaaser - Microsoft Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 918 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: