nvraid.sys BSOD on W7Pro x64 when second drive(s) added

Hello,

I have a home built computer that was working wonderfully with Windows XP, however Windows 7 Professional 64 bit has been giving me some headaches. Here is my system info...

OS Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
CPU AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+
Motherboard MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum Motherboard
Memory 2 GB
Graphics Card Quadro FX 4500
Sound Card NA
Monitor(s) Displays Dell 3007WFP
PSU Seasonic S12
Hard Drives 2x 250 GB Sata Raid (Mirrored) 2x 1 TB Sata Raid (Mirrored)

I did a clean install a few days ago. I can get Windows 7 to install perfectly on a single pair of mirrored Sata hard drives. I set up my machine with the system and all of my programs on this drive C: Everything works great. I keep all of my files on a second set of drives F:.

When I shut down the machine and add in another mirrored raid of two Sata hard drives F:, the machine boots up and I can see the F drive and read and write from it for about 2-3 minutes and then consistently BSOD's.

The blue screen points to a driver failure. Nvraid.sys DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.  I have a .dmp file with the crash but I'm not sure how to share it here.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do at this point. I've tried Microsoft tech support and they just threw the problem to nVidia, which I doubt will support this 4+ year old motherboard, but who knows. I may have to go back to XP until this gets ironed out or I upgrade my motherboard. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.
Answer
Answer
Check for an updated BIOS and/or updated chipset drivers from MSI.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2022 Views 1,547 Applies to: