I need to know how to determine my processor's architecture or Find out what it is

I've looked around the site for the answer to my question "how do I determine processor architecture?" but all I've gotten is how to determine wether its 64-bit or 32-bit. I need to know wether my processor is AMD or i386

I have an Intel Celeron proccessor running Windows 7 Home Premium... Can someone tell me, based on that, wether or not im AMD or i386 or tell me how to determine this

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2019 Views 113,211 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Intel processors - download the program here to identify your processor:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/processors/toolspiu

"Chex" wrote in message news:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***...

I've looked around the site for the answer to my question "how do I determine processor architecture?" but all I've gotten is how to determine wether its 64-bit or 32-bit. I need to know wether my processor is AMD or i386

I have an Intel Celeron proccessor running Windows 7 Home Premium... Can someone tell me, based on that, wether or not im AMD or i386 or tell me how to determine this

30 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
How can I tell if my computer is running a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of Windows?

To find out if your computer is running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows inWindows 7 or Windows Vista , do the following:

1. Open System by clicking the Start button , right-clicking Computer , and then clicking Properties .

2. Under System , you can view the system type.

How do I tell if my computer can run a 64-bit version of Windows?

To run a 64-bit version of Windows , your computer must have a 64-bit-capable processor. To find out if your processor is 64-bit-capable inWindows 7 or Windows Vista , do the following:

1. Open Performance Information and Tools by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel . In the search box, type Performance Information and Tools , and then, in the list of results, clickPerformance Information and Tools .

2. Do one of the following:

• In Windows 7 , click View and print detailed performance and system information .

• In Windows Vista , click View and print details .

3. In the System section, you can see what type of operating system you're currently running underSystem type , and whether or not you can run a 64-bit version of Windows under 64-bit capable . (If your computer is already running a 64-bit version ofWindows , you won't see the 64-bit capable listing.)

You can also run CPU-Z [1] to determine if your CPU is 64Bit capable.

André

[1] http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/

18 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.