I cannot get a Targus card reader to work.

Bought a Targus card reader for picture uploads. It installed ok but will not show up when I go to My Computer and look at the drives avaliable. There should be an E:  and F: but I only have C: and D:  It shows up on device manager and says it is working properly. Any ideas?
Answer
Answer

Hi,

I would suggest you to change the drive letter in Disk management:

Method 1:

To assign or change the drive letter in disk management follow the steps below:

1.    Open Computer Management by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Computer Management. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2.    In the left pane, click Disk Management.

3.    Right-click the drive that you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.

4.    Do one of the following:

·        To assign a drive letter if one has not already been assigned, clickAdd, click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

·        To change a drive letter, click Change, click Assign the following drive letter, click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

·        To remove a drive letter, clickRemove, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to remove it.

Access the link below to know more about changing the drive letter.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Change-add-or-remove-a-drive-letter

You may also try to format the memory card from the disk management window and chaeck if it helps you fix the issue.

Method 2:

a. Open Folder Options by clicking the “Start” button

b. Click “Control Panel

c. Click  “Appearance and Personalization

d. Select  “Folder Options”.

e. Find these settings on the View tab in “Folder Options”.

f. Clear the Hide empty drives in the Computer folder check box, and then click OK.

Hope this helps.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 14, 2024 Views 9,490 Applies to: