HP Printer won't print document, prints only blank pages

I have a HP Photosmart C4795 Wireless Printer and a Windows 7 operating system.  I've had it set up for several months and was working fine and then all of a sudden it will only print blank pages when I try to print documents from Microsoft Works Processor or any other program.  When I try to print a Printer Test Page all it prints is the Windows Emblem and the words Windows Printer Test Page.  Help, please!  Thanks.
Answer
Answer
Hi,

1. Did you make any changes to the computer recently?
2. In the past have you got the same information on test page?
3. Do you get any error message while printing?

Method 1.
Then, try the Printer troubleshooter, which will attempt to automatically diagnose and fix your problem.
Here is how:
a. Open the Printer troubleshooter by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel.
b. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, click Use a printer.

Method 2.
Clear Printer Spooler files and enable the spooler service
Step I.
a. Click Start, type "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.
b. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.
c. Click Stop and click OK.
d. Click Start, type "%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers" in the open window, and delete all files in this folder.

Step B
You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.
a. Open Administrative Tools by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type administrative tools, and then click Administrative Tools.
b. Double-click Services.   If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
c. Right-click the Print Spooler service, and then click Properties.
d. On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that Automatic is selected.
e.  f the service is not already running, under Service status, click Start, and then click OK.  If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

For additional information refer to the article below.

Method 3.
If the issue still exists I would ask you to use the HP Print Diagnostic Utilityto find the root cause of the issue.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards:
Shekhar S - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.
Thanks and Regards,
Shekhar Sharma

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 2, 2021 Views 51,578 Applies to: