HP DESKJET 4280 HELP!!! WINDOWS 7 WON'T WORK, EVEN WHEN IT SAYS " ready to use". __OK. I have windows 7 now, but I just realized that I cannot use my printer. HELP, Thanks in advance.

Windows 7 says is not "supported". I called HP, and they told me to wait, or ask Microsoft for a solution, I NEED THE DRIVER, I WANT to use my printer!!  I CAN USE THE SCANNER FEATURES THROUGH WINDOWS FAX AND SCANNER.  THANKS IN ADVANCE
Answer
Answer

Hello,

This is a known issue with the HP Solution Center and upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Basically the HP Solution Center doesn’t upgrade properly to Windows 7 because of some required libraries don’t get migrated during the upgrade. There is an update being created that will be released shortly that will be available on through Windows Update.

To get more information on the issue and the availability of the update, go to the KB article below. The KB article will be updated when the update package is available.

KB 976309 HP Multi-function Printers and HP Full Feature Software or HP Basic Drivers solutions may not work as expected after upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7

Thanks
Karim Abbasi

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 16, 2020 Views 8,161 Applies to: