HP C6180 will not work with Windows 7

I have upgraded from Vista home premium 64 bit to 7 home premium 64.  My photosmart C6180 printer will not work.  I have the printer connected via USB.  It was working perfectly just 1 day ago with Windows Vista.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Windows 7 driver from HP.  I can print a test page at the end of the install.  The printer is right there on control panel with a green check mark.  I have run a printer diagnostic program from HP and everything checks out OK. HP solution center sees the printer and I can scan documents to files on the computer, but as soon as I try to print that same document I click print or OK it appears to send it to the printer but nothing happens.
Answer
Answer
Please review the kb article from this thread .  When upgrading there is a file from Vista that does not get properly updated.  The thread leads eventually to this patch .

If this does not clear up the problem then pleas provide more details - is the printer connected via USB or network?  DO the print jobs stay in the queue or do they disappear without printing?
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP for 11 years, now a reconnect MVP and HP Expert

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 3,453 Applies to: