How do I make my printer on Windows 7 share with my Apple computer?
I am having a problem with my shared printer from my Windows 7 machine to my Macbook Pro.
When I attempt to add the printer, nothing shows up, and I have no idea what to do to make it work. Any suggestions?
I got it to share to my Windows XP machine, but not my Mac PC's.
On the Windows 7 PC
1. In Windows 7 Control Panel
2. Select "Programs and Features" pane
3. Click "Turn Windows Features on or off"
4. Turn on the LPD protocol.
5. Ensure printer(s) are shared
On the Mac
1. Start Applications/Utilities/Printer Setup Utility
2. Hold down the "Option" key and click the "More Printers" button
3. From the top menu select "Advanced"
4. From the "Device:" field select "LPD/LPR Host or Printer"
5. In the "Device URL:" lpd://PCName/PrinterShareName
6. Click the "Add" button
Andre Da Costa http://adacosta.spaces.live.com http://www.activewin.com
Best, Andre Windows Insider MVP MVP-Windows and Devices for IT twitter/adacosta groovypost.com