Faulty USB

Since up-grading to Win 7 my PC does not recognize my USB2 USB?  I continue getting the msg that the transfer could be faster.  I tested the five USB outlets and get the same msg every time.  How do I fix that?  According to the test made by this machine, my driver for the USB connections is up-to-date.
Answer
Answer

Hi

If you havean  old computer it might be that the USB ports are mixed bag of USB 1.1 and USB 2.0

To dismiss the message .

Right click on the USB Controller, Advanced tab, and check "Don't tell me about USB errors."

To make it fatese you have to install a USB2.0 card inside the computer.

Example, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815153001&cm_re=usb_2-_-15-153-001-_-Product

--------------
Disclaimer - I have no connection with any Brand that manufactures Network Devices (or any other computer hardware) of any kind, nor any business connection with computer's hardware vendors. My comments are as a frame of reference based on hardware that I buy with my own money.

Jack-MVP Windows Networking. WWW.EZLAN.NET
Jack MVP, Microsoft Windows Desktop Experience-Networking.

www.EZLAN.net

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi stoertebecker,

1.     If your high-speed USB 2.0 ports don't work, you might not have the correct driver installed for the ports in your computer, or the ports might be defective. If you are using an external USB hub plugged into your computer, this might also be defective or lack the proper drivers. Check Device Manager to see if your USB ports or hubs are working properly.

a.     Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.‌ If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

b.     Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers and check to see if all your USB ports, hubs, and controllers are functioning correctly. Any devices not functioning will have a yellow exclamation mark in front of them.

2.     You may also run the troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps:

Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows:http://support.microsoft.com/gp/hardware_device_problems

Regards:

Samhrutha G S - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 31, 2019 Views 792 Applies to: