Event Viewer EventID:1014,DNS Client,

I had wondered about this error and troubleshot this for some time.  I have tried to recycle my modems power, I have tried to communicate with my ISP (Cox Cable) to see if they have a ready made solution for this error.  Non responsive.  I have turned off the DNS for awhile (to originally see if my internet surfing speed would improve) and to see the effect of it on this error.  Doing that was worse, in that more errors of the same 'istap.cox.net' and also 'us.McAfee's.com' servers.

I have not gotten a call back from the techs at cox and will try once again.  Someone suggested that there might be a problem with my cable modem.  I want to know for sure before addressing this "expense" option.  It seems to perform just fine, now that I got most of my event errors dealt with ( I have one more actually)

This is a new install of Windows 7 Professional x64.  During 2010, I have had bookoo problemos with both Hardware and Software (Windows 7 x64 mostly), the thing seems to be running okay so far.  Not perfect, not real good, just okay.  I am a tough customer you might say.  For the price and effort I have made on this machine and repairs; I just want a decent but working/powerful computer.

So I am hopeful that this great community of wonderful "huged brained" individuals [I speak of intelligence, not a deformity] could once again come through for one knucklehead who used to think himself a power user.  Now, I think I can really only consider myself "experienced."  Here is the Event log for this problem.

Log Name: System
Source:  Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client
Date:  1/12/2011 4:13:32 PM
Event ID:  1014
Level:  Warning
User:  NETWORK SERVICE
Description:
Name resolution for the name isatap.ph.cox.net timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Please have a heart, I am broke and can't afford anymore hardware right now.  Who can these days, for that matter?

░░▒▒▓▓█│BarJabba│█▓▓▒▒░░ My System build: http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1216387.png NOTE: XFX GeForce 9600 GSO 1 GB; 3 Way SLi Ready

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2019 Views 15,911 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi BarJabba,

Where are you seeing this error?

If the DNS servers are timing out, then it likely has something to do with the information being provided by the ISP.

The information about hte DNS servers are usually set in the modem by the ISP.

When Windows boots up the settings are passed to the computer from the modem.

I suggest contacting Cox to have a tech walk through the modem setup and settings for your computer.

Chris
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.