event id 7034 print spooler starts and stops and will not run

The print spooler seems to start then stops again, and the event id is 7034 print spooler terminates unexpectedly
the only change was that we added a network printer to the computer, using standard tcp/ip port and its a common printer Ricoh 3500 pcl5
--
I have scanned 4x for viruses, I have created a new profile to see if it was specific the 1st profile, no change
I have since removed all printers, drivers, from the PC, no change .. spooler abends
I have removed registry entries pertaining to the print\environment\    no change .. spooler abends
i have removed registry entries for printers (current-control-set) version 3 (32bit)  no change .. spooler abends
run elevated cmd: sfc /scannow
---
2013-03-13 08:13:30, Info         CSI  00000222 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:104{52}]"\??\C:\windows\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\en-US"\[l:32{16}]"hp6500nt.dll.mui" from store
2013-03-13 08:13:30, Info         CSI  00000223 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:104{52}]"\??\C:\windows\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\en-US"\[l:32{16}]"hp8000at.dll.mui" from store
2013-03-13 08:13:30, Info         CSI  00000224 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:104{52}]"\??\C:\windows\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\en-US"\[l:32{16}]"hp6000nt.dll.mui" from store 
---- quite a few of these but it seems to just be replacing the files i deleted (those folders w32x86 and another were recreated in system32\spooler\
----
30285787_2992072919 initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent.
2013-03-13 07:12:49, Info         CBS  Failed to internally open package. [HRESULT = 0x800f0805 - CBS_E_INVALID_PACKAGE]
2013-03-13 07:12:49, Info         CBS  Session: 30285787_2992228917 initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent.
----  quite a few of these entries in the cbs log as well..

CBS logs reported that it fixed everything in this session, however
SFC /scannow reported that there were corrupted files it could not fix, but i couldnt find that in the logs or just missed it...
and no change to the print spooler.. still abends.
-----
I am about to wipe the system and re-image it, please help.
thanks

Question Info

Last updated December 2, 2018 Views 12,587 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums.

Based on the issue description, it appears that print spooler terminates unexpectedly and getting an event ID 7034.

I will certainly help you out with this issue.

This issue could be due to a corrupt printer driver. Here are few methods that you may try in order to fix the issue.

Method 1: Run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Printer-troubleshooter

Method 2: Install latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check.

http://support.ricoh.com/bb/html/dr_ut_e/re/model/mp45/mp45en.htm   

I would suggest you to refer to the section “If the System File Checker tool cannot repair a file” from the following link and check.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

For more information, refer to the link.

Printer problems in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/printer-problems-in-windows

If the issue persists or you have further questions on Printers, please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be glad to help you.

K.Z. Sharief Khan
Ex-Microsoft Forum Moderator

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

while i appreciate yor reply,

method 1
I had stated that I removed all printer drivers.

method 2
you can not install any drivers without the spooler running, I tried it, installer(s) both HP for 3600 I have and the richoh both abort since the spooler wont stay running.

SFC... was already RUN, and I cut and paste excerpts from it into the question.
----

so at this point I have re-imaged the system and I  am in the process of reloading the applications
and then restoring the data from a backup...

I would really like to see more interactive responses rather then wrote/scripted ones from the microsoft. 

go ahead and close this ticket,

Sorry this didn't help.

Why did you not try a system restore from a date when this printer spooler was actively running? Seems like you did a lot more work than you had to .

Sorry this didn't help.