Error:1060,7026, TVicPort.sys Application Popup__

My system has rescently started to reboot when I watch online tv. I have updated all drivers for my video card and the apps I have installed. I looked in the event viewer and these are the 2 error IDs

7026: \??\C:\Windows\SysWow64\drivers\TVicPort.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

1060: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
TVicPort

Thanks Bones

Answer
Answer

Hey Bones,

TVicPort is set of general purpose device drivers. Tvicport.dll error notifications may appear while using or installing certain programs, when Windows startup or even shutdown. Tvicport.dll errors are caused by situations that lead to the removal or corruption of the tvicport.dll. In some cases, those errors could indicate mostly a registry problem, a virus or malware issue.

Here are two things you can try.

Method 1:

One of the installed software on the computer could be using this file. Check which application by performing clean boot. Clean boot should help you in tracing down the culprit application.

Refer:

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Restart the computer once the system is in clean boot configuration. Follow the elimination methods provided in the article above to find out which application is causing this issue. Once you determine the application, either check for its updates from the vendor's website or you can post the application details here for further investigation.

Note: Ensure that you put your computer back to normal startup mode after completing the troubleshooting steps. Steps are available in the article given above.

Method 2:

Run System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix tvicport.dll error.This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem.

Refer this for details.

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

In case SFC scan doesn’t repair the files, follow the steps given in the link above on how to repair those corrupted files.

Regards,

Shinmila H - Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 6, 2020 Views 3,133 Applies to: