Error Side-by-Side with event id 80

Dear sir/Madam

I am getting this error.Here i give detail abt the error that came in eventviewer.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Users\chinmay\Documents\Downloads\Programs\SoftonicDownloader_for_all-video-converter.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_fa396087175ac9ac.manifest.

Please suggest.

Question Info

Last updated October 17, 2019 Views 1,651 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1.      When are you getting this error message?

2.      What is the exact issue you are facing?

Please provide us more information on this issue in order to assist you better.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Any solution to this yet?  I have same problem immediately upon bootup. It happens whether I use the computer or leave it idle. It happens when I use 3 or 4 different applications, which includes MS Office 2010 (Word).  My concern is why it happens immediately upon bootup.  The only thing  I see after restored to factory image (and removed Widows Features for Fax-Scan and Games) is both C++ 2005 Distribution AND C++ 2008 Distribution in Control Panel/Programs&Features. Unsure if that is a conflict or acceptable to work together.  Unsure what in Win7 Pro installed it (was nothing in Control Panel/Programs after installed Win7 Home Premium, before the upgrade to Pro).

Using 2yr old (1yr 11mo) Dell laptop with Win7Pro (upgraded from Win7 Home Premium when purchased), default IE8. Tried IE8 and IE9., CPU 2.2M, RAM 4Gig (all I need for this computer's usage).   Used all defaults for both IE versions, restored to factory image twice, and just re-installed OS anew from CD.  Same errors. 

NOTE:  I am a "heavy" computer user. 6-10 hrs a day. Use laptop almost exclusively for text and internet access. Sometimes to extract data from one program to another, sometimes to calculate complex Excel spreadsheets. Often computer is left on overnight to complet tasks or to perform long-term maintenance and virus scans.

Details below.

1.  About Jun 7, 2912, after seeing problem in my Win7 Pro for few months, Errors still there.  No solution that I could find.  Unsure, but suspected it might have caused the increasingly frequent IE adn other program lockups/freezes. 

Also Event Log showed several hard faults, fault bucket errors and 'leakage' errors. Unsure of causes for those. 

Restored Dell laptop to factory image. 

2.  Dec 23, 2012, same errors. Lockups started increasing again.

Restored Dell laptop to factory image again, then redid Win7 Pro upgrade.    Same errors immediately after 1st 'normal' bootup to use.  Then Windows Updates, accepted all Win7 updates except Silverlight and Bing.    Same errors.

3.  Jan 3-4 many updates, accepted them.  Next morning both (2) laptops had extremely slow shutdown (over 2min).  I see several many users and many threads recently with same problem (in MS forums, self-help support). After detailed troubleshooting with via forum thread like this, I am now contacting MS support for updates for this issue, as i have pinpointed specific date of updates causing the errors.  However, even with all those updates, the same side-by-side errors are in the Event Log. No Change.

The 1 laptops are different. The:

--Dell (1yr 11mo old) is identified above.

--HP (4mo old), Win7 Home Premium, 8Gig RAM, CPU 3M.  Worked well, no lockups/freezes, until Jan 3-4 updates.  Got extremely slow shutdown, and handful of lockups (Mostly IE, but 1 was Windows Explorer itself).

4.  Dec 31, 2012, HP restored to factory image.  Same side-by-side errors as soon as I used computer the first time.  Did all Win7 updates again. Same errors. Also, extremely slow shutdown problem.

5.  Jan 4, sent back to HP Tech Support under warranty to test; no hardware problems. Indicates trouble stems from OS, not their installation or other software.

6.  Jan 20, 2013, Dell, re-installed OS anew from CD (not restored to factory image; installed home premium 1st, then upgrade to Win7Pro).   Same errors. 

Without any Win7 and MS updates, I have no slow shutdown and good, fast bootups.

At this time, I have NOT accepted any Win7 or other MS updates, because I do not want to get the Shutdown problem again (still trying to identify the update(s) causing that problem).

3 questions:

a) What further troubleshooting can I do for this 'side-by-side' problem?

B) Would UAC changes cause or influence either side by side errors OR long shutdown time? 

I have one analysis software (complex calculations) that changes UAC.  I uninstalled it, but no change in errors or slow shutdown.  On factory image, I had already went to User Accounts UAC to be sure to "turn off" any constraints.  No change on side by side errors.

--Since Jan 20 complete OS re-install on Dell, I did not install that software or any other personal software except System Mechanic Professional, version 11.5 (recommended earlier in 2012 by Dell Tech Support and by Iyogi Tech Support).  It removed 'clutter', temp, and junk files, did virus scan. Using this as only virus & adware/spyware scan.

c) Since I reinstalled the OS, do I need to do anything to verify UAC settings?

d) Could an OS default in there be causing a problem?  I previously found a CAPI2 fault in Event Log caused by the OS. Fortunately there is a fix on the MS support website that works.  [[I do not know how to check UACs anyway.]]

Sorry this didn't help.

HI i am using windows 7 reciving following error in event viewer while i am using Adobe CC Illustrator.At that time illustrator application stops suddenly.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        SideBySide
Date:          9/24/2014 4:17:51 PM
Event ID:      80
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      eprodix12-PC
Description:
Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files (x86)\Adobe\adobe creative cloud\Utils\Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_fa396087175ac9ac.manifest.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="SideBySide" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49409">80</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-09-24T10:47:51.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>2497</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>eprodix12-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_fa396087175ac9ac.manifest</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>c:\program files (x86)\Adobe\adobe creative cloud\Utils\Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>
[8:03:18 PM] Suresh Kirubaa: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest 
   C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_fa396087175ac9ac.manifest 

c:\program files (x86)\Adobe\adobe creative cloud\Utils\Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe

Best Regards,

Arun

Sorry this didn't help.