Error: “Incompatible Print Settings” dialog box message that states “There are one or more conflicting settings. One of the settings is: Output Bin: Mailbox 1, Accessory Output Bin: Not Installed” with HP Laserjet 8500 printer

Original Title: Windows 7 - HP Laserjet 8500 print driver problem

I have tried everything imaginable to correct this HP 8500n print driver problem with no success, please help!

I cannot correct or get rid of a reoccurring “Incompatible Print Settings” error dialog box message that repeatedly states that “There are one or more conflicting settings.  One of the settings is: Output Bin: Mailbox 1, Accessory Output Bin: Not Installed”. The radio button options are “Restore my previous settings or Keep this setting, and I will change it later”. This same dialog message repeats 13 times for all the other various conflicts each time you click on printer properties to change to 2 sided printing or any other printer settings. This printer does not have any of these features attached or set into it.

I am a volunteer that manages a number of computers on our small church LAN, 2 computers operating on MS XP-SP3, 2 on MS Windows 7 Home Premium and my 2 problem computers that came pre-installed with Vista Home Premium of which I have performed an HP OEM upgrade to Window 7.

I have isolated this print driver problem to the Vista operating system and even when computers are upgraded to Windows 7 does not correct this driver error. I have also tried every possible print driver variant of the HP 8500, HP8550, PCL, PS to include the Microsoft versus HP versions with no success. In each case I get this error yet neither of the XP computers or the computers that had Windows 7 as a original operating system have no problems with their print drivers for this printer.

Yes, I have repeatedly searched and upgraded the operating system and print drivers. In desperation I have even tried to find the correctly behaving Windows 7 print driver and transfer it to these Vista upgraded to Windows 7 machines. However I could not isolate the driver location.

The only thing I can conclude is that this errant HP print driver was resident within Vista and remains resident even after a HP OEM Windows 7 upgrade. Additionally, all of these computers are configured to access this printer via its static IP address on the network. The XP computers are 32 bit, all of the Vista upgraded to Win 7 and OEM Win 7 computers are 64 bit machines all with respective OS.

Can anyone please help me correct this problem?

Answer
Answer

Hi hartmarka,

Method 1: Follow these steps in order:

Step 1: First completely uninstall the printer driver from your computer from Programs and Features.

Refer the link below to do the same:

Uninstall or change a program

Step 2: Also remove the printer completely. Follow the steps listed below:

a. Click Start. Type Devices and Printers and click on it to open.
b. Right-click on printer icon and select "Remove Device".
c. When asked for confirmation, click Yes.
d. Restart the computer and verify that printer icon is no longer listed under Devices and Printers.
e. Click Start-> right-click on Computer-> Click Properties-> Click Device Manager.
f. Expand "USB Controllers" and verify that "USB Printing Support" is not listed.
g. Disconnect printer USB cable from back of printer and computer.
h. Restart the computer and re-connect printer USB cable to back of printer and computer.
i. Check whether the Printer driver installs.
j. Again open the Device Manager and Verify that "USB Printing Support" and "HP Photosmart 8500 Series" is listed under USB Controllers of Device Manager.
k. Verify that printer icon is displayed under Device and Printers too.

Now the Printer Settings should remain set as needed.

More information on:

Install a printer 

Regards
Divya R – Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 15, 2020 Views 13,972 Applies to: