Question

Q: Error Code on printer

I'm getting a error code on my canon printer pixma iP6600D that has a error code 6500 when starting up. How do I get this off and back to where I can use it.

This all came about when I had the printer working on another computer running on XP Pro. Thanks for the help!

You do realize that your printer is made by Canon and that this is a Microsoft community support forum? 

An error 6500 "on" the printer (as contrasted to errors displayed on your computer) probably indicates a fairly terminal condition.  I have not seen reports of this error on a Pixma iP6600D, but when this code is displayed on other Canon printers, it indicates a fault in the printer's circuit board.

The Canon support page for the ip6600D says:

Turn off the printer, and unplug the power cord of the printer from the power supply. About ten minutes later, plug the power cord of the printer back in and turn on the printer. If the error is not resolved, a printer service error may have occurred. Please contact your local Service Center.

The following slightly more elaborate procedure was offered for a code 6500 on a different Canon printer:

1.  Open the printer's front cover, and then open and close the print head lock lever (do not remove the print head).

2.  Make sure all ink tanks are seated properly.

3.  Make sure all packing materials have been removed.

4.  Make sure no paper is jammed in the printer.

5.  Disconnect the printer cable from the printer.

6.  Close the front cover and turn the printer off.

7.  Unplug the printer from the power source, and then plug it back in after five minutes.  [Some posters suggest waiting as long as 30 minutes before reconnecting the power.)

8.  Power on the printer.

Or you can try posting in the Canon support forum:  http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/Personal-Printers/bd-p/personalprinters

-----
LemP
Community Moderator
MS MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) 2006-2009
Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) 2011-2012

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 977 Last updated: March 2, 2018 Applies to: