Error Code 43 When trying to install Epson SX215 on 64 bit version of Windows 7____

I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 560 pre installed with windows 7 64 bit, and tried adding my new Epson SX215 all in one printer (USB connection only), everytime I plug it in I get the Code 43 error and Windows will not recognise it as a printer - it appears as an unknown device under USB Controllers.

So far I have tried : Updating Chipset and Bios, Reinstalling USB drivers, Clean install of windows, reinstalled printer drivers direct from Epson support all to no avail. I cannot manually add the printer as USB001 is not a listed port.

I also thought it may be a conflict between the all in one card readers installed on both the PC and the printer so have tried disabling those on the PC to no effect.

I have searched the internet for days and cant seem to find this problem anywhere.

I have also borrowed a friends laptop running Vista and the printer is instantly recognised and working so it rules out a hardware fault. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated -Lee T

Answer
Answer

Hi Lee,

Please be sure to install the driver/software from Epson's website:

http://www.epson.co.uk/Store/Printers-and-All-in-Ones/Epson-Stylus-SX215/Drivers-Support

Also, here is the explanation of Code 43:

Code 43

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Recommended resolution

One of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.

If you have already run the Troubleshooting Wizard, you might want to check the hardware documentation for more information about diagnosing the problem.

Hope this helps!

Debra
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 1, 2020 Views 3,001 Applies to: