Error code 1068-- "Windows could not start the print spooler sevice"

I have been having problems with my HP Photosmart C7250. I tried to re- install  the printer, driver, and software right from the website, during the download process a message said that the download could not be completed because the print spooler was not started. I was then prompted to go to computer management click on services and applications, then click on services, scroll down to print spooler, check to make sure the start type was set to automatic, and then right click on print spooler and click start. After I followed the istructions above, I recevied this message: "Windows could not start the print spooler sevice on local computer. Error1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

I then proceeded to found a solution to error code:1068, and it said to: click start, Run, then type CMD /K SC CONFIG SPOOLER DEPEND= RPCSS, and then press enter. when I did so a command window popped up and said. " [SC] OpenService FAILED 5 :

Access is denied

C:\Users\owner>

This is getting to be very frustrating can someone please help, and tell me what to do? I need this fixed ASAP. I have 6 children and 5 of them are in school, and they need to be able to print stuff. Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

Iliveformykids11

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 157 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi

Try uninstalling the product with hp software from here windows 7 at the bottom of page

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=3204782&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=3204782&objectID=c02259020

After uninstall reboot then start fresh...

Then reinstall latest software for your HP product here

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=3204782

*** Make sure you get the right pagage for you product Windows 32bit or 64bit!!!

Good Luck

Regards

GT4U

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.