Error blocking HP printer driver installation: slbcsp.dll,sccbase.dll ,gpkcsp.dll and Enum.

Original Title: Installation of HP Printer software using Vista Home Premium successful, but not successful using Vista Ultimate operating system in a Dell computer.

I am trying to install HP software for the HP Photosmart 3310 All-in-One printer on my new "refurbished" Dell that has the Vista Ultimate operating system. This software worked on my last "refurbished" Dell replacement that had the Vista Home Premium operating sytem but will not install with Ultimate.
I keep getting a message that the following are blocking the installation:
slbcsp.dll
sccbase.dll
gpkcsp.dll
Enum
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Pequeno Penny

|
Answer
Answer

Try these methods to fix the issue.

Method 1: Re-register the following .dll files

a.    Click Start , then click Run

b.    In the Open box, type cmd and then click OK .

c.    At the prompt, type the following lines, pressing Enter after each line:

§  regsvr32 slbcsp.dll

§  regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll

§  regsvr32 sccbase.dll

d.    Click OK at the message DllRegisterServer in FileName succeeded .

e.    Type Exit , then press Enter .

Method 2:

Before proceeding with repair steps, ensure that there is only one copy of slbcsp.dll and sccbase.dll files in your C:\Windows\System32 folder.
Create the following two subkeys: 

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography\Defaults\Provider\Schlumberger
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography|Defaults\Provider\Infineon

Perform the following steps to achieve this:

a.    Go to the Start menu and click Run.

b.    Type regedit in the Open box and press Enter.

c.    Locate the following registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography|Defaults\Provider

d.    Select the Provider key.

e.    Next, click the Edit menu in the Registry Editor window, select New and then click Key.

f.     Name the new Key as Schlumberger Cryptographic Service Provider.

g.    Repeat the steps d and e. This time name the new key as Infineon SICRYPT Base Smart Card CSP.

h.    Next, select the first key you created, that is Schlumberger Cryptographic Service Provider.

i.     Now, right-click on an empty area on the right-pane of Registry Editor window, select New, and then click String Value.

j.     Right-click on the new string value you created, click Rename and then rename the value to Image Path.

k.    Now, right-click the string value, Image Path, click Modify, and in the box under Value data write C:\WINDOWS\system32\slbcsp.dll.

l.     Click OK.

m.  Next, select the Infineon SICRYPT Base Smart Card CSP key.

n.    Repeat the step i and j.

o.    Next, right-click the string value, Image Path, click Modify and in the box under Value data write C:\WINDOWS\system32\sccbase.dll.

p.    Click OK.

q.    Again, select the Schlumberger Cryptographic Service Provider Key.

r.    Right-click on an empty area in the right-pane of the Registry Editor window, select New, and then click DWORD value and rename it to SigInFile.

s.    Again, right-click on an empty area in the right-pane, select New, and then click DWORD value and rename the value as Type.

t.     Next, right-click on the value Type, select Modify, and in the box under Value data, type 1. You may select Base as either Hexadecimal or Decimal.

u.    Click OK.

v.    Next, select the Infineon SICRYPT Base Smart Card CSP key in the left-pane of Registry Editor window.

w.   Repeat the steps r, s, and t.

x.    Click OK.

See how it goes.

As for the enum error, refer the steps from this link: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-and/Photostmart-C4400-Problem-Enum/m-p/88615

Important Note:This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

Regards,

Shinmila H - Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

3 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 24, 2021 Views 13,520 Applies to: