Question

Q: E1550 HUAWEI Wireless broadband modem does not work with Windows 7 Home premium

Hi,

I was using the Huawei E1550 wireless broadband modem with my previous Dell laptopn running Vista Home basic.

Last week, I bought a new Toshiba laptop(Toshiba Satellite L645). But I am not able to use the E1550 wireless broadband modem, as there is no driver available. When I insert the Modem, the OS tries to install the driver, but after sometime, it says the driver is not available and stops. The Laptop does not hang or give other troubles due to the modem. However, the System is not able to install the appropriate drivers for the Huawei E1550 wireless broadband modem.

Any solutions, please?

Thanks

Tammy Tmln

Answer

A:

Contact your ISP or the manufacturer of the modem and ask if it's Windows 7 compatible.  If they have no Windows 7 drivers, ask if they have Vista drivers.

There are some here http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downLoadDetail.do?method=view&centerFlag=software&productId=2812&oneSelected=3152&twoSelected=462&thirdSelected=2812 but I do not know if they are 64 bit compatible (if you are running Windows 7 64 bit).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 10,177 Last updated: May 26, 2018 Applies to: