Drivers for Canon Digital Rebel XT 350D on Windows 7 (64bit) PC

How do I find and install Drivers for my Canon Digital Rebel X 350D camera? I have a Windows7 (64bit) PC. The Canon website says that Widows 7 PC does not need the drivers for my camera.

Question Info

Last updated October 8, 2019 Views 3,223 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hello,

If the website says "driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver" then why do you think you need one? Does your camera have an 'output' port (probably a micro-USB port)? If so, you can just plug the camera into your computer, turn the camera On, and it should show up in your File Manager (like Windows Explorer). It may not be labeled as Rebel X Camera, but something more esoteric like DCIN or other such lettering that is in effect the name of your memory card slot or other less clearly understood name.

If your camera doesn't have an 'output' port, it may not be capable of plugging into a computer (which would be very strange indeed). Please post back here with more information about your camera, what ports it has, and what, if any, specific error messages you are getting. I will try to assist you, but need much more information in order to do so.

Keep me posted and let me know how you fare.

Regards,

BearPup

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.