Disabling Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver

Hello, I am desperately trying to disable the Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver from the Device Manager. I have run the DM as an adminstrator, I open up the HID list, and, as I believe, on my laptop (HP DV6) there are two drivers running that enable this infrared "transceiver", the "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" and "ENE CIR Receiver". When I right click on these devices there is no Disable option like almost every other device, and when I open up the properties window for each one the Disable button is, well, disabled and greyed out. Aside from uninstalling these drivers which I really do not want to do because I use the remotes quite often but the drivers get in the way of games (like Elder Scrolls Oblivion), I am at a loss on how to disable them.
Any input would be appreciated, thank you!

Question Info

Last updated September 20, 2019 Views 16,300 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi InsayneWrapper

Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forum!

Here is a link which gives you option to uninstall eHome Infrared Receiver, you may try these steps to uninstall.

Link: Update Rollup 1 for eHome Infrared Receiver for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888795

This is also helpful for Windows 7

Thanks and Regards:

Samhrutha G S - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.