1. Does it happen with all the applications?
2. What is the type of mouse you are using? Is it wired or wireless?
3. Is it a laptop or desktop computer?
4. What is the make and model number of the mouse?
I would suggest that you check if the mouse settings are correct.
1. OpenMouse by clicking theStart button, clickingControl Panel, clickingHardware, and then clickingMouse.
2. Click the Pointer Options tab, and then do any of the following:
Change mouse settings:
If this doesn’t help, then try booting the computer in safe mode and check if the same issue occurs, here is the link:
If it works fine in safe mode, then try performing clean boot and check if it helps, here is the link:
You can start Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts. This article describes how to troubleshoot problems in Windows 7 by performing a clean boot.
Make sure that you put back the computer to normal startup mode once it is done.
If you are using touchpad, try reducing the Touch Pad sensitivity and check if it helps.
Azam – Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and, if you have any feed backs you can post here.