Connecting new Vaio to TV via HDMI results in BSoD

I have a problem connecting my new Vaio CA to my TV through HDMI. I have returned it to Sony twice and they have said there is no hardware problem. Scouring the internet I have come across other people with the same problem, with suggestions of running the computer in Ubuntu, installing older drivers, doing a clean install of Windows (2 factory resets have not solved the problem). If there is no problem running in Ubuntu, does this mean it is a Windows problem?

When I attach the HDMI cable, it always automatically switches to Clone / Mirror mode. I can switch off the external display via FN+F7 or Windows+P, but attempting this through the Intel, Windows or Vaio settings always results in a crash. Selecting either Extended desktop or External only, through any method, results in a crash.

Whenever I attach the cable, the Vaio HDMI controls pop up for resolution selection, but 1080 is always unselectable. Any attempts at resolution change through Windows or Intel controls results in a crash. The first time I connect the cable after a factory reset, the built in display breaks up and jumps about.

Computer:

VPCCA2C5E
i7-2620M
Intel HD 3000 / AMD 6630M (switchable)
4GB RAM

TV:

LG 26LU5000.

I get various different bluescreen crashes, and there was no minidump file last time I checked. The crashes I have made a note of so far are as follows:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA stating 'igdpmd64.sys'

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXECEPTION stating 'dxgkrnl.sys'

BAD_POOL_HEADER with no file mentioned.

Question Info

Last updated July 9, 2018 Views 607 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

As mentioned in my previous post, you may post your question at the Windows Entertainment and Connected Home Forums for more help.

Windows Experts Community

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.