Code 43 Error - USB and card reader

Hi,

I'm unable to take photos off my memory card. When I check device manager, I get a Code 43 for the USB drives and memory card reader. Any ideas please? I've looked at one or 2 similar instances on the net, but nothing helped.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated June 8, 2019 Views 4,188 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

·         How long did you have this issue?

·         Did you make any changes on your computer?

·         Did the USB device and Card Reader work fine before?

Method1:

The error code signifies that "You might want to check the hardware documentation for more information about diagnosing the problem"

First check if your USB device and the Card Reader are compatible with Windows 7 in Windows 7 compatibility center:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/default.aspx 

If it is compatible, check the manufacturer’s website for patches, updated drivers or to simply find out about Windows 7 support for the particular product.

Method2:

You may try using a different USB port and then check for the issue.

Method3:

If you still come across the issue, use the Hardware Troubleshooter and check if that could help you fix your issue:

a. Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel.

b. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, click Configure a device.‌

c. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

d. Access the below link for more information on Hardware Troubleshooter:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Open-the-Hardware-and-Devices-troubleshooter

Method4:

You  may also  try uninstalling and re-installing the USB devices from Device Manager. Below are the steps to accomplish it:

1. Click "Start" button, type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press "Enter". Click “Continue” if necessary.

2. In Device Manager, double click to expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers", right click on the Host Controller, click "Uninstall" and click "OK".

3. Repeat the step 2 to uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

Then, restart your computer and Windows 7 will reinstall all USB controllers automatically.

I hope the above information helps you.

Regards,

Manasa P – Microsoft Support.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.