code 19 configuration information in the registy incomplete or damaged
i just upgraded to windows 7 the other day and today i looked in my computer and i didnt see my dvdrom and now i cant use it. it says windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registy) is incomplete or damaged
(code 19) i tried to scan and fix it but nothing seems to work. any help please
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
Note you may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry. To do
this, go to step 8.
2. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
3. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
4. In the right pane, click LowerFilters.
Note if you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry, unfortunately this content cannot help you any further.
5. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
6. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.