Question

Q: Canon Imageclass D320 All-in-One Printer not installing in Windows 7

My new Windows 7 laptop is unable to install a driver for the Canon ImageClass D320 Printer. The plug & play utility in Windows 7 has been unsuccessful in finding a driver for the D320. I have the installation disk which came w/the D320, but it's also failing to install a driver. (That installation disk includes drivers for only Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 9X, & Windows Me.) The Canon support site @ http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/office/imageclass copiers/imageclass d320/imageclass d320?selectedName=DriversAndSoftware offers drivers for the D320, but only for those same 4 OS's (i.e., only for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 9X, & Windows Me). Perhaps the D320 needs a 64 bit driver???

Any info would be appreciated.

Answer

A:

I definitely do see 64-bit Windows 7 drivers for the D320 at http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/imageclass_series/imageclass_d320#DriversAndSoftware  In addition to the operating systems you listed they also show Vista and Vista 64-bit and Windows 7 and Windows 7 64-bit. 

I am using Firefox as my Internet browser.  However if I  use exactly the same link using Internet Explorer 9 I don't see any Windows 7 drivers.  If I use Internet Explorer 9 and change it to Compatibility View I can see all of the drivers.  (To do that in IE 9 just click on  the little icon that looks like a page of paper torn in have -- in the address bar to the left of the refresh button -- or go to the Tools Menu and select Compatibility View)

This is the second time that I've seen this problem with the Canon driver website (where I was seeing one thing and the person I was trying to help was seeing another thing at the same link).

Here is a picture of what I see at the Canon site, with the Choose Operating System dropdown selecting the Windows 7 64-bit driver:

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 6,866 Last updated: June 19, 2018 Applies to: