Canon EOS Rebel T3 camera not working in Windows 7 32-bit.

Original Title: Windows 7 32-bit driver for Canon EOS Rebel T3

I've installed the EOS utility software for the Canon EOS Rebel T3 on a Win7 Home Premium 32-bit system, but when I plug the camera to the USB port, the driver does not load successfully.  I have done the same on a laptop running Win7 Home Premium 64-bit OS and have no problem. I also did the same on an XP system and had no problem.  The Canon tech support analyst said I had a possible USB conflict with the 32-bit system that was causing the problem but  I could not get a driver from them.  I checked Device Manager and there are no flags set on the USB devices.  Can I get a driver to reinstall to see if this will clear up the problem?  If so, where can I find it?

The Canon rep started talking about antivirus software blocks, but I run Norton's on the Win 7 systems and AVG on the XP system, and the problem is only on the 32-bit OS.

Answer
Answer

Hi Jesse,

1.        Do you receive any error message when you try to use the camera?

2.        Are you able to use other USB devices on this computer?

You do not need to install drivers to use Canon EOS Rebel T3 camera in Windows 7 computer.

Let’s follow these methods & check if it helps:

Method 1

You may run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter & check if the issue persists:

Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

Method 2

You may also uninstall the USB Controllers & reinstall it back. After uninstalling, once you restart the computer, Windows 7 will reinstall all USB controllers automatically.

Note: Please disconnect all USB devices and then perform the following steps:

a. Click Start > Run button, type “devmgmt.msc” in the open box and press "Enter". Click “Continue” if necessary.

b. In Device Manager, double click to expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers", right click on the Host Controller, click "Uninstall" and click "OK".

c. Repeat the step ‘b’ to uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

Hope the information helps.
Please post back and let us know.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 17, 2020 Views 2,401 Applies to: