Cannot install Intellipoint 8.2 on Windows 7 x86 - Error 1603 Error Reporting Tool

Hi,

I am unable to install the Intellipoint 8.2 software for my new Confort Mouse 4500, it tries to install automaticall every time I initiate the machine.

I get the error 1603 regarding the Error Reporting Tool.

I have tried all the suggestions already on the forum to no avail. Also one suggestion on the web says to go to the PreReq\Watson folder on the install CD but I don't have any, as the software is downloaded automatically when it tries to install.

Please advise.
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Check if you are able to use the mouse in a different computer. This issue may cause due to corrupted installation files or Windows Installer service is disabled. To resolve this problem, follow these steps in the order in which they are presented. You must be logged on to your computer as an administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.

Run the Fixit tool from the link and check if you are able to install Intellipoint 8.2.

Automatically repair program installation issues that installing or removing program fails because of corrupted registry keys or blocked installation.

Fix problems with programs that can't be installed or uninstalled

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall/

Refer to the help article and perform the methods.

Troubleshoot installing Intellipoint, IntelliType, or LifeCam software

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953691

Note: After Clean Boot troubleshooting step, refer to “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with Clean Boot” from the article.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Get back to us for any issues related to Windows Operating System. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,
Anil

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2018 Views 378 Applies to: